What is a balance bar?
I don’t really know as I literally made up the name cause the alliteration sounded cool. It’s basically the bar form of a bliss ball. What’s a bliss ball you might ask? A nutrient dense healthy treat thing that you find at the till at most health shops.
A little background on these (cause you all know I love a good story). So I want to include more vegan sources of protein into my diet and baking, but I just find most of the options really high carb, and often really high fat too. The amount of sugar in some of those raw bars you get, or “healthy date balls”, is seriously frightening! So I decided to take matters into my own lil hands and make my own. And so that’s how these raw, vegan balance bars were born. PERFECTLY balanced macros, low sugar, filled with fiber and micronutrients, and completely delicious. They’re basically berry chocolate brownies. Okay okay max so GIVE US THE DAMN RECIPE ALREADY.
Hemp & Gogi berry balance bars (raw, vegan)
Basically a berry brownie. Except filled with superfoods and micronutrients.
- High protein – Grain free – No added sugar – Vegan
- 100g finely grated zucchini
- 150g finely grated carrot
- 60ml honey/maple syrup/xylitol syrup
- 15g nut butter
- 60ml almond milk DRY
- 25g raw cacao powder
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 5g coconut flour
- 20g ground flaxseeds
- 30g raw hemp powder
- 65g vegan protein (I used @phytopro Chocolate)
- 30g dried gogi berries (can sub cranberries)
- crack of pink salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Chocolate and desiccated coconut for topping