I’m not sure what exactly it is about uncooked cookie dough that is so moreish! It could be the hint of baking soda that sits on your tongue, or the crunch of the choc chips before they have been baked. I’m not sure, but I know that I could eat bowls of it with a spoon.
Considering that wouldn’t be the healthiest option but also not really wanting to forgo the act of sitting on the floor in a pair of cute socks doing just that, I decided to make a healthier version. And quite honestly, it is everything I love about regular cookie dough and more. I add extra salt and cinnamon to mine for some extra flavour punch, and love to get creative with various toppings. Chopped up white chocolate and desiccated coconut are a must.
Snickerdoodle cookie dough
Everything you love about regular cookie dough, except without all the nasties!
- High protein -Gluten free – No added sugar
- 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas/beans
- 60ml milk of choice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- Stevia drops (optional, can sub a different sweetener) DRY
- 30g casein or pea protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 8g coconut flour
- 8g desiccated coconut
- 30g chopped up chocolate/choc chips