Oh what do you know, it’s just me stuffing vegetables where they don’t belong again. I have been baking quite a bit with chickpeas and beans lately and truly loving the results. They work especially well for this brownie recipe as they really lend themselves to the moist, fudgy texture.
These are also incredibly wholesome – they are grain free and filled with fibre. While they are relatively low carb, they can be made truly low carb by replacing the banana with steamed pumpkin.
I served mine with some Skinny Scoop ice cream but it is honestly delicious on its own, or with some heated up berries. Bake it, eat some, and then freeze the rest. Don’t say I didn’t warn you about how moreish it is!
I got distracted with making lunch while I was browning the top of the brownie in the last 5 minutes and slightly charred my chocolate chunks on top! They still tasted good, but just don’t make the same mistake as me – when you turn the grill on you literally only need to leave it for 3-5 minutes.
Fudgy Chickpea Skillet Brownie
- High protein – Grain free – No added sugar
- 1 tin of drained chickpeas (240g once drained)
- 125g raw zucchini (about 2 small ones)
- 20g coconut oil (can sub any other oil/melted butter)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 65g banana
- 50ml milk of choice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 20g nut butter
- Stevia drops (optional, can sub a different sweetener) DRY
- 20g chocolate pea protein
- 15g casein protein (I used cookie dough flavour but any will do. Can sub pea protein)
- 20g cocoa powder
- 12g Nomu skinny hot chocolate (can sub cocoa powder + 1 tsp xylitol)
- 1 tbsp xylitol
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 25g melted chocolate
- Chocolate and desiccated coconut for topping