This must be the quickest and easiest thing I have ever baked.
I am all about protein loaves, this is not news to us. They are the perfect meal prep snack for the week and I grab a slice pre or post workout out, or as a little snack! They are always delish and satisfying. My go to is usually my bacon peanut butter one but I decided to mix things up with a new flavour combination this week!
I have made this loaf three times now. The first time with sugar free white chocolate, and other times with sugar free dark chocolate. Originally I intended for it to be with white chocolate, and I honestly think I do prefer that combo. But unfortunately I only took pics of the loaf where I used dark chocolate! Both still taste amaze though, I am just such a sucker for white chocolate.
This loaf comes out less dense than the bacon one, and I genuinely feel like I’m eating cake when I’m eating it. I actually debated whether to call this a loaf or a cake. I want to say its a sweet loaf, that would turn into a cake with a drizzle of healthy icing. I am envisioning a raspberry cream cheese drizzle, or perhaps a white chocolate one… anyway, feel free to get creative!
P.S. This recipe works great for muffins as well!
Chocolate Raspberry Coconut Loaf (high protein)
Healthy, sweet loaf that is reminiscent of pleasant afternoon teas in the garden.
- High protein -Gluten free – No added sugar
- 175g raw zucchini (about 2 medium sized ones)
- 100g plain cottage cheese (can sub yogurt)
- 6 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 60g banana
- 14g coconut oil (1 tbsp, liquid)
- tbsp vanilla extract
- coconut extract (optional)
- Stevia drops (optional, can sub a different sweetener) DRY
- 60g vanilla pea protein
- 80g GF oat flour (I just blended some normal oats, can sub buckwheat or quinoa flour)
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 50g whey protein (I used unflavoured but any will do)
- 5g psyllium husk
- 1 tbsp xylitol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 50g chocolate (I used sugar free, white choc is highly recommended)
- 80g raspberries